Happy Foodie Friday!
Today’s recipes is one of my absolute favorites. If I could choose to only make one thing for dinner for the rest of my life, this would be one of my top choices.
I can make this tofu rice bowl in the evening for dinner and be able to divide it into two halves to have for one half for lunch the following day.
Adapted from Mealime
- 1 crown broccoli
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 (12 oz) package extra firm tofu
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 lime
- black pepper
- crushed red pepper
- natural peanut butter (we’ll want the runniness)
- sesame seeds
- soy sauce
- virgin coconut oil
- Cook rice per directions, set aside
- Wash and dry any fresh produce
- Peel and grate/mince ginger and transfer to small bowl
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Once heated, add ginger and cook until fragarant (10-30 seconds)
- Drain and cube tofu, add to skillet with ginger and season with salt/pepper to taste. Cook 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized florets and transfer to a medium bowl
- Peel carrot and trim off ends. Using a box grater, corsely grate the carrot and transfer to another medium bowl
- Transfer tofu and ginger out of pan and add broccoli to cook until soft (2-3 minutes)
- Peel and mince/press garlic. Transfer to a small bowl to prep the sauce
- Juice lime and add to garlic
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce, water, honey and crushed red pepper to the garlic and lime juice. Whisk until combined
- To serve, arrange rice, tofu, broccoli and carrots in a bowl. Drizzle with peanut sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!