Hey y’all! Holy shit, can I just start off with saying that? What. a year.
On top of the global pandemic, racial tensions and presidential election that our entire country has gone through, me and Charlie bought our house right before the stay-at-home orders began and managed to actually pull off a semi-strange, “with-covid-safety-precautions-in-mind” wedding. Oh, and I expanded Shop Bailey Bee’s product line to include CANDLES and it has absolutely taken off. To say this year has been wild would be an understatement, for sure.
My shop’s inception was once dreamt up to be based around candles as the first offering. In my perfect world, I would craft the vessels by hand using ceramics and then pour candles within. I could never figure out a way to make that route cost-effective so I never made the jump. Time passed and eventually I found my way to doormats— only to one year later realize I could craft my own concrete candle vessels on the cheap! Spoiler alert: as of today I have removed the concrete vessels from my line due to the amount of labor involved to craft the whole candle but it started me on this new branched journey that I, and thankfully y’all, are taking to soundly!
As of writing this post, the shop sells eight core scents:
- Amalfi Grove: a slightly spiced citrus that is my rendition on the popular Volcano candle by Capri Blue
- Ocean Blossom: a light jasmine floral with a whiff of sea air
- Leather Jacket: a deep, spicy leather with notes of cedar and smoke
- High Tide: salty, sweet, ocean-y goodness
- Into the Woods: a scent that will instantly ground you with sandalwood and patchouli
- Laundry Day: an ever-classic cotton
- Pillow Talk: lavender-induced relaxation— what every sweet dream is made of
- Cashmere Sweater: a soft, cashmere and vanilla blend
As new core and seasonal scents are added routinely there are also Queen Bee scents that are released in specialty, limited-edition vessels. The current Queens in stock as Happy Birthday, a sweet vanilla cake scent and Sugar Plum Fairy, an ambered sweet plum scent.
I’m so stoked that I was able to expand Shop Bailey Bee with candles. I’m also so incredible thankful for how well-received this new expansion has been. Thank you to all who have purchased! I can’t wait to see what 2021 has in store for me. In the meantime, I’ll be spending the rest of 2020 perfecting my next expansion item idea…