I was inspired by this look mainly because I had just purchased a true orange lipstick and I was really excited to have an excuse to wear it in the midst of sub-freezing temperatures here in the DC area.
|Runway image courtesy of Elle.com / Davide Gallizio and Matteo Volta|
- Before you rock a statement lip, you should always exfoliate and moisturize your lips. I exfoliated using Lush’s Bubblegum Lip Scrub and moisturized with some chapstick.
- Take a hot pink lip liner like NYX’s lip liner in ‘Pinky’ and outline the outer 1/4ths of your lips
- If you have an orange lip liner, use that for this step but I did not! Instead I used a clear lip liner from Maybelline and lined the inner half of my lips. This will be for the orange!
- You can use a hot pink lipstick or a lip pencil like I used (which was NYX’s Jumbo Lip Pencil in ‘Chaos’) and fill inside where you lined with the pink liner.
- Next use an orange lipstick or lip pencil and fill in the remaining parts. I used Maybelline’s Vivids Lipstick in ‘Electric Orange’.
- Rub your lips together to blend the two colors together
- Feel free to add a bit of orange or golden-yellow eyeshadow or loose pigment to the very middle of your lips to really get good color. I just popped an orange shadow from L’Oreal’s HIP Bright Shadow Duo there.
- That’s all! You don’t need a gloss for these lips will stand out on their own. Go rock ’em!